Thursday 18 October 2012

NOTHING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

I'm confused!

I used to love speaking in front of people. I was good at it, and that was probably one of the main reasons for the joy. Now I'm put outside my comfort zone. I graduated from my secondary school/high school (I never really figured that out) with top grade in my English class. But now that I am surrounded with my British-born friends, I start messing up the words.

Everyone has told me how lucky I am, and how brave I am to attend a university abroad. I always responded with "Oh well, you know. Anyone can do that." And now when I am actually here, I'm more like - WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?? Hopefully I will figure that our before my first exams.

As previously stated, I'm also doing psychology which I am doing with a bunch of people with A-levels in psychology before starting this course, which makes me twice as lost. In the journalism class they teach us a lot about politics - which makes me even more confused. I don't know if Scotland should vote for independence. Or if we should be allowed to see the contents of letters sent from Prince Charles to Government ministers! I keep telling people I want to do fashion journalism, but when I speak to other fashionistas - I'm not even on top of that topic.

Freaking out much? Oh yes. Is this the start of the amazing years of studying? Well, I might start getting used to it all. This was rubbish. Excuses - this is my way of starting. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment