Saturday 3 November 2012

PINK ROSES AND A BOTTLE OF ROSÉ

Oh Saturday. The finest hours of the day of the week. Every time. I've spent this day with some me-time as I had the apartment to myself - for what, maybe the third time since we moved in.  Unfortunately I’ll have it to myself way to much in the follow week, considering S is working crazy hours. So I did what I always end up doing when I’m alone. I Skype. Alone you said? I had a two-hour Skype session with my lovely mother. 

Now I'm at my favourite café - yet again in my favourite knitted jumper, surrounded by people writing, scratching their heads or looking pointlessly out of the window. All for different reasons, all at the same place. The table keeps moving as any of the two strangers at my table moves. The music sets the atmosphere and the walls are decorated with clothes in frames while there are art hanging from the ceiling. Envy me? For anyone who suddenly got curious, I am at The Old Shoreditch Station // No it is not a station, if any of you didn't get that. 

The ultimate place in Shoreditch for people-watching. With pink roses on the tables and candles to set the mood, I think it's safe to say, a lot of good ideas originates from this room. I am still waiting for my big epiphany. But not to worry, this is probably not the last visit for the following week, considering it's reading week - which means - no lectures. Even though I am seconds away from booking a flight home, to Oslo, Kristinsand or Copenhagen - I think I'll stay put. For any spontaneous souls, come visit me instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment