Tuesday 27 November 2012

27112012


So as the last autumn leaves are falling, or actually being crushed to the ground by the heavily overwhelming Tuesday morning rain, winter is getting closer. A factor my non-functioning-brain-before-10am didn’t realize as I walked the 30 minutes to get to uni* in Levi shorts and a leatherjacket with some sort of cottons arms. When I arrived at uni the road workers actually stopped their work to laugh at me. I didn’t take it as a good sign, as I arrived in class with glasses, foggy as hell and drenched from top to toe. Stupid Norwegian girl thinking (hoping) this country didn’t know what proper rain and cold was. According to the weather forecast the next couple of days will actually be cold, and by cold I'm talking about 3°C. On the other hand, when I’m looking at the temperature across Old Street Square is actually shows 8°C, which isn't bad at all. 

On my way home I realized that I wouldn't make it all the way in one run, so I am currently camping out at Shoreditch Grind, where I’m trying to get back the colour in my skin with a large cup of Cappuccino. If that doesn't work, I have a pain au raisin, just in case. Even though the windows are so foggy it's almost impossible to see through, I couldn't help but notice the man who just drove past me on his bicycle. Male, approx. 50, bright blue jeans and --- wait for it --- yellow hair. On days like this, London steals my heart.

I would much rather prefer the weather to stay like this when I'm walking to class. 



*University. I know uni sounds completely and utterly lame, but that’s what everyone calls it. You’ll get your head chopped off, if you say school. 

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so good. You should become a screenwriter and do some creative writing! :)

    ReplyDelete