Sunday 2 December 2012

THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE

     F*ck, I’ve moved to the wrong city. No, who am I kidding. It’s almost illegal to say London is the wrong place to live, but when the calendar has just turned over to the most amazing month of the year at the same time as it’s snowing back home, I can’t help but to miss it. I shouldn’t really complain about the weather though. Today the sky was perfectly blue with just a few clouds decorating it. Even so, I’ve spent the day inside the stone walled building that is City University. I have a psychology test tomorrow and it will be so much fun.  Sad face. I just have to get myself a calculator first. Before leaving home, I sold my old one – just out of principle: I am never doing math again. Look where it got me. Who knew psychology was all about statistics? Not me, that’s for sure.
But over to something more positive: Yesterday! Best day in a long, long time. It was unexplainably (catchy word, huh) amazing. We went to Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park. It almost made up for the lack of snow. It was so much fun. It included heaps of candy, carousels, 1 litre beer, muddled wine, Jägerbombs and Santa. What more is there? For the occasion I had put on my finest ice-princess dress and frosted it with a beautiful cotton-candy-ish skirt.







The best thing about December is that it brings everyone out of their autumn depression. Every morning I have the best reason to wake up! This morning (on a Sunday, I might add!) I woke up at 8am, just to open the presents before falling back asleep. The last part was unintentionally, I might add. A double pleasure on a lazy Sunday. Tomorrow I have to wake up way to early if I want to open the present with S, which I do. We’ll see if I think it is just as worth it at 6:30. Sleep tight, cupcakes xx 


1 comment: