Sunday 25 November 2012

WE ARE TWELVE BILLION LIGHT YEARS FROM THE EDGE

So as the days pass, we all get older. (Speaking of which I just turned 20. Happy b-day to me!) We get new experiences and a few new wrinkles. Since we last spoke, I’ve learned something new, so I thought I might share the wisdom. Note to self: Never ever leave your boyfriend alone with a bottle of fake blood while you’re out celebrating Halloween. I learned it the hard way. I still find “blood” around in the apartment. In addition he posted a photo on Instagram of the toilet after “I had my period”. He thought it was hilarious… Guys!
Last week I got to experience the more luxurious way of living in London. As my parents were vising, we finally ate out. Yes, it’s cheap to eat out in London compared to Norway. But still - for a student budget, it’s much cheaper to eat in.


Ever since I moved here, I wanted to visit Vertigo 42, which is a champagne bar at floor 42 known for its incredible view. Needless to say why I wanted to go. When we got there we realized this was the enormous building with commercial that we could spot from out apartment. We also went to the building next door. Sushi Samba. Approximately same floor and view. Just as amazing. I would recommend both places. With relaxing music, delicious drinks or bubbles served with some cheese and crackers. For my future awesome life, this will definitely be the perfect Friday afternoon.

As I’ve already given a few recommendations, I’ll just as well give you the full brief. We went to a restaurant called Hakkasan. It’s known for their long waiting list and amazing food. Despite the fact that I woke up with a rash, I would still recommend it. Another night with delicious food, great wine and comfortable atmosphere. I wouldn’t mind getting used to this, but just as well. Now we are back to chicken, pesto and pasta. If I have to – I’ll live of a box of noodles and Vogue. (No I wouldn’t!) 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment